With Netgear WiFi range extenders, customers may increase the wireless coverage of their current routers and connect to them from any location in their house. But a lot of people don’t know that they can complete the Netgear wifi range extender setup as an access point. Stated differently, the Netgear extender creates completely new, stronger WiFi signals in access point mode than it does in extender mode. Stated differently, you can make your WiFi device a hotspot for other devices on your home network by configuring a Netgear extender access point.
Are you curious about how to configure an access point for a Netgear extender? To find out how to set up your Netgear WiFi extender as an access point, just follow the steps listed in this page. Let’s discuss the benefits of deploying the extender in access point mode first, though.
Benefits of the Netgear Extender Access Point
Installing a range extender as an access point can be very beneficial if you have a large number of networking devices in addition to visitors. When used as an access point, your extender may support more devices, allowing you to utilize the internet wherever you are in your home, even in the darkest areas.
The Netgear extender access point has many benefits; some of them are as follows:
- They can be installed anywhere there is a wired router connection.
- In access point mode, you can limit guest access without impacting network security.
- There is no degradation in network quality.
Now let’s proceed with the steps for configuring the Netgear Extender access point.
How do I configure the Netgear Extender Access Point?
By following the instructions provided below, you may quickly set up a Netgear extender access point using mywifiext:
- First, turn on your Netgear WiFi extender.
- If your Netgear range extender features an extender switch or access point, set it to the access point mode.
- Now choose an Ethernet cable and use it to link the host router and your Netgear extender.
- Then switch on your PC.
- Launch a web browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, etc.
- Move the cursor to the URL area in the online browser.
- There, type mywifiext net setup wizard.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Your Netgear WiFi extender’s admin page will now show up.
- Here, enter the default login and password for the extender.
- Click on Log In on the menu.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will appear on the screen.
- A question to confirm the installation type will now appear.
- As a result, select the Access Point option.
- This will cause multiple prompts to appear on the screen.
- Follow the on-screen directions carefully to finish setting up the Netgear extender access point.
I’m done now. Your Netgear WiFi extender has been successfully configured to operate in access point mode. It will now serve as a primary hub for connecting to devices that are already part of the household network. This time, when needed, it will beam WiFi signals to a designated area.
With the ease of installation, some customers encounter difficulties and become stuck when setting up a Netgear extender as an access point. If this is your fate as well, the tips that follow will help you resolve your present problem.
Checkpoints: Configuring the Access Point for Netgear Extender
- Your Netgear extender must be plugged into a working wall outlet.
- The link between your Netgear extender and the host router must be unbreakable.
- Make sure you can access Netgear_ext.
- There should not be any cuts on the Ethernet cable that is used to link your WiFi devices.
- The Netgear extender access point setup should not be done in conjunction with a firewall or antivirus software.
- You need to use an updated web browser to set up the Netgear extender access point.
- Please take caution while inputting your extender’s default login credentials, as they are case-sensitive.If you are not sure what the default admin credentials are for your extender, you may want to consult the Netgear user handbook for guidance.
- Stay away from utilizing a cached web browser when configuring a Netgear extender access point.
- Always use the web browser’s address bar to reach the Netgear extender login page.
By remembering the previously given points, you can complete the Netgear extender setup as an access point, regardless of the model. Whether you want to install a different model or configure a Netgear extender in access point mode, these steps still apply.
After you finish the Netgear extender access point configuration, your extender will function as a stand-alone device with full-home internet access. If you follow the instructions and make sure all of the points are specified below, you should be able to install the Netgear extender as an access point.