Netgear WN3000RP Setup
The Netgear WN3000RP setup is quite easy to perform. The Netgear WN3000RP N300 is a universal wireless extender that increases the range of existing wireless signals and eliminates wireless blind spots. Because of its high compatibility, the WN3000RP may be used with any Netgear or other brand of wireless router or gateway. It meets the standard 802.11n wireless requirements and has a maximum transmission rate of 300 Mbps.
You can setup your Netgear WN3000RP using two different methods:
- Manual Setup (web browser based setup).
- Wireless Protected Setup (WPS).
To proceed with the Netgear WN3000RP setup, follow the given steps:
- Plug in your Netgear WN3000RP into the power supply.
- Set your N300 near the home router.
- Wait for the power LED to give a stable green light.
- Open up a web browser and go to www.mywifiext.net.
- Click on Netgear genie setup option.
- Click on your existing wifi name, which you want to extend.
- Enter the router’s passphrase and click on Continue.
- Follow the on screen prompts to complete the setup.
- When your N300 gives stable green lights,that means the configuration process has been done successfully.
- Now plug out your extender and place it at the desired location.
In such a manner, you can setup your Netgear WN3000RP manually. In the next blog, we will talk about another method to setup Netgear N300.
Netgear WN3000RP Setup via WPS Method
It is observed that the wireless protected setup is the most fast and easy method to perform the Netgear extender setup. You have no need to mention your personal details like username, password, or SSID while performing the Netgear WN3000RP setup. In this process, you have to press a small WPS button, which is available on the side panel of the extender.
To perform the Netgear WN3000RP setup, go through the given instructions:
- Turn on your Netgear WN3000RP by giving it power.
- Locate your N300 near the router.
- Press the WPS button on the booster.
- After a couple of minutes, press the WPS button on the existing router.
- Wait for some time until your N300 gives a stable green light.
- Once it gives a stable green light, that means the connection between your extender and main router is established.
Table of Contents
Thus, the wirelessly protected setup process has been successfully completed. In case you need any help regarding Netgear extender setup, you can reach our technical team by dialing our toll free number.
Netgear WN3000RP firmware update
The Netgear WN3000RP WiFi Range Extender’s functionality, security, and performance are all dependent on firmware updates. This is how you can update the latest firmware version for your Netgear WN3000RP setup:
- Install the most recent firmware file on your PC.
- Make sure the internet is accessible from your computer or mobile device.
- You should now have a web browser open. In the address bar, type mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250.
- Enter the extender’s login information, if requested.
- Search the web interface for the firmware update.
- Select the firmware file that has been downloaded to your computer by clicking the File button.
- Clicking Upload will then start the firmware update process.
- The firmware update process could take some time.
Note: It’s important that you avoid turning off or interrupting the power supply to the Netgear WN3000RP extender when updating its firmware. Possible firmware corruption or other problems may result from this.
How to reset Netgear WN3000RP?
Have you forgotten your admin passphrase and want to retrieve it? Then you are at the right site. After you reset Netgear WN3000RP, it will make your extender ready for the new installation process by deleting all your personalized details, including your username, password, and SSID. To go with the reset operation, you must grab a sharp, hard pointed pin.
To reset your Netgear WN3000RP, go through the given steps:
- Turn on your Netgear WN3000RP after unboxing it.
- Locate the reset button inside a small hole on the N300.
- Take a sharp, pointed pin.
- Press the WPS button for 8-10 seconds with the help of a pin.
- Take the pin out after a few seconds.
Thus, you have performed the factory reset process successfully, and your extender is now ready for a new configuration process. If you need any help regarding the reset process, you can reach us by dialing our toll free number.