The interface for installing the extender is the Netgear genie setup wizard. You can use a web browser on your computer or laptop to access this setup wizard. Make sure, however, that your device is connected to an active internet connection. After you’ve finished the Netgear wifi range extender setup, connect to the new expanded network and enjoy speedy connectivity wherever you wish.
Netgear genie smart setup – Let’s start
When you connect the extender to the network and launch a web browser, it instantly navigates to the Netgear genie setup website. However, this is not always the case! When you launch a web browser, it sometimes just opens a new window.
If this scenario seems familiar to you, we’d want to reassure you that you have nothing to worry about. It is a widespread problem that affects millions of people all over the world. In this scenario, all you have to do is manually type the default mywifiext.net web address into the URL bar. Check the URL address you typed in again. Because an incorrectly entered URL can redirect you to another website or cause problems. Once finished, press the enter key. This will initiate a connection with the genie smart setup wizard.
When you connect to the Netgear genie setup process, it will show you the following on-screen instructions to take:
- Connect to the wireless network Netgear_Ext.
- Now, genie will show you a list of existing WiFi networks in the area.
- Select the name of the network you want to extend and press the proceed button.
- If the network’s wireless security function is active, you must enter the password.
- If you have a dual-band router, select the 5GHz WiFi network and press the proceed button.
- As soon as the extender connects to the network, you will be prompted to adjust your extender’s WiFi settings.
- If you don’t wish to change the extender settings for the time being, click the continue option.
- You will now see a new screen. When this happens, it indicates that your PC has automatically unplugged from the wireless network.
- Check all of the settings to ensure they are proper.
- Connect to your extension network once more.
- Finally, click the finish button to exit the genie setup page.
Have you encountered a problem when carrying out the preceding steps? We can assist you! Simply call our specialists and leave the rest to them.
Is Netgear Genie app and Netgear Genie Setup Wizard the same thing?
The simple answer to this question is ‘NO.’ The genie app manages your wireless network, whereas the setup wizard is a quick method to configure your WiFi extender. You may use Netgear Genie for Windows 10’s smart setup to get your device up and running.
When it comes to the genie app, it allows you to control, manage, and monitor your home or office wireless network with a single click. This app is accessible on all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Even amateurs may use the Netgear Genie for Windows 10 desktop program to manage the network, from modifying SSIDs to disallowing unauthenticated users, with ease.
After completing the Netgear Genie setup for Windows, you can stream and share videos and music, set up parental controls, and detect and repair network issues. Not only that, but you may also perform the following tasks directly from your device:
- Determine how quickly your computer can download the website’s content.
- To find out how many devices are linked to your network, use the network map.
- Run a speed test on your ISP’s broadband network.
- Make a guest network for your friends and family to use.
- View and modify your router’s current wifi settings.
- From the home screen, configure parental controls.
- You’ll get access to utilities like DNS Lookup, Ping, Trace Route, and Computer Profile.
The Netgear Genie setup for Windows was the focus of this article. So, what are you holding out for? Download it right now and begin managing your network the way you want. Contact the expert specialists at our toll free number +1-323-471-3045 if you have any problems downloading and using the Netgear Genie app or Netgear Genie setup for Windows.
Netgear genie smart setup can’t accessed
Having problems accessing the Netgear Genie setup wizard? There is nothing to be concerned about. To resolve the problem, simply follow the troubleshooting steps outlined below:
Using mywifiext, you may access Schedule.
- Check that your WiFi extender is linked to an active WiFi network.
- Delete the cookies, cache, and temporary files from your web browser.
- Check to see if your computer’s internet connection is turned on.
- Enter the login URL only in the URL bar, not in the search bar.
- Use a different web browser.
- Once, restart the extender and router.
- Check your WiFi extender’s firmware version. If it is out of date, replace it right away.
- Reset the extender to its default settings.
Let’s fix this issue
Please contact us! For many years, we have been troubleshooting issues with the Netgear Genie app and the Netgear Genie setup procedure. So, please do not hesitate to contact our highly skilled professionals by dialing our toll free number +1-323-471-3045 or also via live chat. We will assist you in troubleshooting the Netgear Genie not working problem in minutes.