Your devices can connect to the internet with lightning-fast speed and no lag if you have access to a 5GHz WiFi network. However, if the Netgear 5GHz channel is not showing among the available networks, what good is it?
If you are struggling with this problem, you are not alone. It is a fairly common problem with Netgear devices. In this guide, we’ve highlighted several helpful hints that will help you solve the current problem in a matter of minutes. Continue reading by swiping down.
Causes for the Netgear 5GHz Channel is not showing up
There are a few possible explanations for why the Netgear 5GHz channel is not showing. Among the most notable are the following:
- It is not possible for your WiFi-enabled device or Netgear wireless range extender to connect to a 5GHz network.
- It’s possible that the firmware on your device is corrupted or outdated.
- One possible explanation for the Netgear 5GHz channel is not showing could be technical problems.
Now that you are experiencing this problem, you can learn how to fix it by using the troubleshooting techniques provided below.
Fixed: Why is the Netgear 5GHz channel is not showing?
Reboot the Netgear wifi range extender.
Restart your Netgear wireless range extender before proceeding. Rebooting your device requires that you adhere to these instructions:
- Take the Netgear extender out of the household router.
- Switch off the extension cord. Unplug it from the power outlet after that.
- Kindly give it a few moments.
- After that, switch on the extender by reconnecting it to the wall outlet.
- Oh, and remember to link your router and extender together.
If restarting your wifi range extender does not fix the fact that the Netgear 5GHz channel is not showing, keep reading.
Check for Compatibility
As mentioned earlier, it’s conceivable that the device you’re using isn’t compatible with the 5GHz frequency channel. A further possibility is that your 5GHz frequency access has been blocked by your ISP. Therefore, confirm that the model of your extender supports the 5GHz frequency band. As an alternative, get in touch with your ISP and ask to be able to use the 5GHz WiFi channel.
Please get in touch with our experts at +1-323-471-3045 if none of these solutions suit your needs.
Upgrade the firmware on your Netgear device.
It’s time to update your Netgear wireless range extender if its software has become outdated. You don’t know how to accomplish that? The guidelines you have to adhere to are as follows:
- On your computer, launch a browser. Verify that your gadget is linked to the Netgear ext extender.
- Once you’re ready, on the URL bar, type Netgear extender default IP address.
- Press the Enter key.
- You’ll be taken to the login page for the Netgear extender.
- Complete the default login fields.
- Press the Login button.
- Once you’re in the Netgear Genie dashboard, choose Settings > WiFi Settings.
- After tapping on Firmware Update, adhere to the directions displayed on the screen.
- You will then be able to successfully update your smartphone’s firmware.
Perform the Netgear extender factory reset.
You should reset your device if, despite trying the preceding troubleshooting steps, the Netgear 5GHz channel is not showing up.
Here’s how to return your wifi extender to its original configuration:
- Look at your extender from both sides to locate the reset button.
- discovered? Alright.
- To reset the button, take an oil pin and press it.
- Once your wireless devices have been reset, you ought to configure a new extender. To receive free help if you need it configuring a Netgear range extender, simply call our toll-free number, +1-323-471-3045.
To sum up
To assure quicker browsing performance on your device and prevent overcrowding on the other radio band, the 5GHz WiFi network is a great option. On the list of available networks, the Netgear 5GHz channel is not showing up.
Thanks to this essay, you now have a variety of troubleshooting techniques that will probably solve the current issue. By using the 5GHz channel, you may quickly enable Smart Connect, change the default password, and adjust a number of other settings on your extender.
Please do not hesitate to contact our technical experts with any questions or issues by dialing our toll-free number, +1-323-471-3045 or via live chat.